[vdr] A new generation of DVB devices

jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com
Tue Oct 11 11:12:18 CEST 2005

> Here's a list of the features such a device should have:
>
>     http://www.cadsoft.de/vdr/hdtv-dream.htm
>
> Please let me know what you think about this, and if I have forgotten
> anything or got something wrong.

I feel that component video output is missing. It is capable of outputting
HDTV signals, and many consumer devices have component inputs. I think Scart
isn't specified for HDTV bandwidth, so TV's don't accept such signals from it.

Of course DVI/HDCP/HDMI out runs component outputs in quality, and there
probably are some relatively cheap converters from DVI to component.

Regards,
Jori