[vdr] Bug in SVDRP?

Andreas Mair Andreas.Mair at linogate.com
Wed Oct 12 13:09:29 CEST 2005

Hi,

I was hunting a bug in VDRAdmin when I stumbled on "confusing" behaviour in
VDR1.3.34:

Programming a timer using "newt ..." and a very long summary leads to "line
too long" error message. Made some debugging and it seems that a line can
be up to 10239 characters.
So I shortened the "newt" call to 10239 and VDR accepted it. Reviewed to
timer in the VDR OSD and it showed up.
Later I had to restart VDR and it refused to read timers.conf! Then I
manually edited timers.conf until VDR accepted it.
I had to shorten the "newt" call to 10218 characters to get all working.
Looking at VDR'S source the parse buffer is 10k (10240 byte).

Are there some circumstances I don't get? Please enlighten me!

Regards,
Andreas