[vdr] Remote Plugin

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Oct 15 01:47:12 CEST 2005

Jörg Schneide wrote:
> I want to use RC5 keycodes with different adresses in the remote.conf
> because my RC uses different ones for the normal (TV) keys and the keys for
> the VCR-control.

This is a limit of the DVB IR driver interface. The driver interface
only transmits codes from a single RC5 address, or alternatively ignores
the RC5 address completely and maps all codes together, probably mapping
different keys to one code.

This leaves one solution: Patching the DVB driver. I've been using a
patch for a long time that hard-codes up to three additional RC5
addresses to unused code numbers, eg. codes 0-63 from one programmable
RC5 address as before, and 64-255 are hard-coded. Let me know if you're
interested.

Cheers,

Udo