[vdr] VDR Softdevice XV and TV-out

Stefan Lucke stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Sat Oct 15 12:10:28 CEST 2005

On Samstag, 15. Oktober 2005 02:19, Stile wrote:
> I'm using VDR 1.3.34 with a VP1020 budget card on a machine with and Nvidia
> GF 5500 video card. I am using softdevice for a decoder. I currently have X
> configured for dual display with the VGA being screen 1 and the TV out being
> screen 2 using Nvidia's twinview. VDR and Softdevice are working well.
>
> My problem is in trying to view the display full screen on the TV-out. If I
> full screen the display it always goes to screen 1 which is VGA. The only
> way to view it on the TV-out is in a maximized window. I can't start it that
> way and I have to drag the window and maximize every time I start VDR. Does
> anyone know of a way around this?

Is that a true 2 screen setup ? That is: on screen 1 your DISPLAY variable
is :0.0 and on screen 2 it is :0.1 .
Or is it more Xienerama setup ?

I did a test with my matrox. When I set DISPLAY to :0.1 , vdr softdevice
was shown on the other screen but no video :-( , when toggleing
fullscreen the window stayed on that screen. With DISPLAY :0.0 I got
video, and fullscreen toggle works as expected (fullscreen on :0.0).

--
Stefan Lucke