[vdr] Remote Plugin

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Oct 15 18:42:03 CEST 2005

Wolfgang Fritz wrote:
> Another "solution" I'm using for a long time:
>
> "Declare" the lower 2 address bits to be data bits, getting 8 bits data
> and 3 bits address. Then map the 256 RC codes to keycodes with
> av7110_loadkeys as usual.

My patch is derived from that old solution, but just does it in a more
selective way. Your solution fails in case that the two addresses don't
differ in the lower two bits. And, the original patch did not mask out
the address, so it did not work together with address selection. Since I
have another RC5 device close by, I wanted address filtering too.

Cheers,

Udo