[vdr] HDD spin down and VDR

Ville Skyttä vskytta at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 16:57:56 CEST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 16:47 +0200, Matthias Fechner wrote:
> * Norbert Goebel <egalus at gmx.de> [17-10-05 15:35]:

> > You can enable it with hdparm.
>
> ah ok, i think hdparm -S180 should be a nice value.

Getting somewhat off topic here, but has anyone played with "hdparm -B"?

I tested it briefly on a laptop a while back and it seemed to enable HDD
spindown based on $something too, but I'd like to know more details
(than what the manual page says) exactly what it does in practice and
hear others' experiences before trying it on a "production" VDR box...