[vdr] Testing Enigma 4pre2

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Tue Oct 18 22:04:49 CEST 2005

>> At first I thought it was a missing case in this code block:
>>
>> --SNIP--
>>
>>        if (end - start + 1 > 0) {
>>                //Dprintf("context: %s\n", context[context.size() -
>> 1].c_str());
>>                if      (context[context.size() - 1] == "text"
>>                      || context[context.size() - 1] == "marquee"
>>                      || context[context.size() - 1] == "blink"
>>                      || context[context.size() - 1] == "scrolltext") {
>>                        if (!object->mText.Parse(text.substr(start, end
>> - start
>> + 1)))
>>                                return false;
>>                } else
>>                        esyslog("ERROR: Bad character data");
>>        }
>>        return true;
>>
>> --SNIP--
>>

> Why a missing case?

You are right, I misread the code.  It seems that one of the four context types
is not parseable.  Since I only get two "Bad character data" error messages
during the initial startup of VDR, I am guessing the problem has to do with the
skin.

>> Not to change the subject about the issue above, but would it also be
>> possible
>> to add the left/right scrolling back to the new menu display items
>> (ie; current
>> recordings and next timer)?
>>

> I don't think that is too nice to look at ... especially if you have 2
> or more recordings which are srolling in all directions (due to the
> different length of the text). And an additional keypress to go into the
> timers-menu if it is unclear what is getting recorded seemes not too
> tiresome to me. Don't you agree?

IMHO, I think that if any text on the screen is cut off, it is better to allow
scrolling.  Text that is cut off just does not appear aesthetic to me.  Does
scrolling increase CPU usage very much?

Regards,