[vdr] Audio channels

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Oct 22 10:33:32 CEST 2005

anders at sandell.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about vdr handling recordings with different languages on
> right/left channel.
>
> After an upgrade to 1.3.34 vdr autoselect the correct audio channel according to
> the audio configuration during wathing live tv.
>
> But if I make a recording from Eurosport and replay that recording I get audio
> channels "1" and "2" instead of the "nor+fin" and "sve+dan" i get during
> wathcing live tv.
>
> It seems like vdr is not "labeling" the audio channels correctly. Is this
> expected behaviour or have I overlooked something?
>
> Regards,
> Anders

Does that channel provide "stream component" descriptors in its
EPG data? You should see lines starting with 'X' in the epg.data
file for that channel.

VDR currently only uses the EPG data for recordings, not the actual
language codes defined for the PIDs. This is something I probably
need to work on...

Klaus