[vdr] Dumb question on DVB-C

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Tue Oct 25 10:30:12 CEST 2005

Hi.

I'm currently using a Nova-T card for terrestrial DVB, but would like to
add a DVB-C card and connect to cable.

Am I right in assuming that channels on cable are organised much like on
terrestrial, with 3 or 4 transponder frequencies carrying 3 or 4
channels each?  I wonder, because as the cable is provided by a single
supplier, I wasn't sure how the channels are mapped.

Secondly, are channels that require CAM decrypting all generally on the
same transponder?  Or are these pay-channels interspersed with the free-
to-air ones across the frequencies?

Thanks