[vdr] feeds

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Wed Oct 26 18:44:05 CEST 2005

En/na Leo Márquez ha escrit:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to tune fta(free to air) feeds with VDR. Feeds are temporaly
> channels for an event that usually have low freqüencies.
> To tune them I try to add or edit channels in my list. But I only know
> this for example:
>
> 30W (hispasat)
> frequency: 11538
> polarization: H
> sr 6100
>
> Some of this feeds are in 422 format. I have a nexus-s dvb-s FF card.
> My question is if there is a method to force the pid update of a channel
> because I don't know this data.

last time I did a channel scan on hispasat I couldn't find any channel
at all (apart from the ones that were already on my channel list), I
think they don't broadcast the data. You'll have to get the pids from
satcodx or lyngsat.

> I know the update names and pid option of the dvb card configuration but
> I don't know exactly how works. It seems that I have to wait VDR to
> update all channels.

vdr will just update channels based on the data broadcast on the
currently tuned transponder. You'll need the channelscan plugin if you
want to update all channel, but I don't think it'll work on hispasat (on
any other satellite it should work, it's just hispasat
that's.....different ;-) ).

Bye