[vdr] mplayer w/ softdevice

Vladimir Shved vshved at logistic-systems.com
Wed Oct 26 20:57:45 CEST 2005

The softplay plugin missing some essential features(forwarding/rewinding
etc.) to be usable and it does not play some files as well as mplayer. I'm
not sure if it's the issue with softplay or with ffmpeg library on my system
but mplayer plays them much better.

Obviously the author of softplay is trying to re-invent the wheel, whats the
point of creating another player, isn't more efficient to fix already
existing player to work with softdevice?