[vdr] VDSB error when recording with FF with CAM

Daniel Asplund danielsaori at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 21:45:40 CEST 2005

Which VDR version introduced the feature to receive several streams on
the same transponder with a DVB-S FF card? Should this work out of the
box or isn't it possible if both channels are encrypted?

If it is not possible to do this, is there any easy way to limit the
card to only tune to one channel?

On 10/26/05, Heikki Manninen <hma at iki.fi> wrote:
> I have the same problem. Appeared after upgrade to 1.3.31. Currently I'm
> at 1.3.34.
>
> It is also affecting live-tv viewing. Sometimes when changing to such a
> channel, the screen stays black (with no audio) for a while before image
> appears. I think that this same delay causes VDR to exit with VDSB when
> timer starts on a channel that behaves like this.

There are many ways you can get a VDSB error and in this case it
doesn't sound like these two problems have anything common, except for
the actual error message.