[vdr] EPG data...

Richard Lithvall richard at lithvall.se
Sun Oct 30 22:53:21 CET 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>> What sets the <event id> and <table id> and are those values calculable?
>
> The <event id> is an arbitrary value. The only requirement is that it
> is unique within the given service.

Hmm, does this value count when deciding an event's uniqueness?

> The <table id> is simply the id of the table in which the event was
> found. Tables 0x4e and 0x4F are for present/following events, and
> 0x50..0x6F are for events in the future (the higher the table id, the
> further in th future).
>
>> If these values are not calculable I'd like to know if there is an
>> counter part to <table id>=0, that is - always overwrite this event if
>> conflicting data comes from the DVB stream (conflicting as in
>> overlapping start time and duration).
>
> If you send your "known to be good" data with table id 0x00, it should
> overwrite any existing events, provided either the event id is the same,
> or they start at the same time.

OK, so if I send my "not known to be good" data with table id 0x50 and
higher (or even 0x6F just to be sure), it would be overwritten by the
providers EPG-data when they send their (conflicting) present/following
events (0x4E/0x4F)?

Regards,
Richard