[vdr] softdevice (directfb) and mplayer plugins

Per Mellander per at mellander.org
Fri Sep 2 17:37:59 CEST 2005

I have a EPIA M10000 that's running vdr-1.3.30, softdevice and streamdev.

I wanted it to be able to play other than vdr recordings so I installed the
mplayer plugin. The problem is that I'm having a hard time getting it to
work. I can play movies by using the fbdev as output ( that's VO=fbdev in
mplayer.sh.conf ). This gives a somewhat uncorrect aspect ratio ;) What I
really wan't to ask is if it's possible to use the directfb output for
mplayer aswell? Choosing directfb gives me a black picture and replaying
stops after a few seconds.

mplayer alone plays correct with -vo directfb