[vdr] mp3 plugin - other image locations

Stefan Huelswitt s.huelswitt at gmx.de
Sat Sep 3 11:06:11 CEST 2005

On 31 Aug 2005 Simon Baxter <linuxtv at nzbaxters.com> wrote:

> I'd like to use the MP3 plugin to convert and play a random slideshow of
> my personal photos when switching tracks, rather than the usual
> cover/artist/background images.
>
> How can I do this?
>
> For the radio plugin I cron a bash script which randomly chooses a file
> to convert.  This is also a bit hit and miss - but still better than NO
> SIGNAL, Black, or the same image over and over.  Since the MP3 plugin
> caches images, I'd need to disable this.  I could then randomly choose
> an image file and link it into the playlist root periodically.

If no other image is found, the plugins load ths file
background.ext from the mp3-source basedir (where ext is one of
jpg, png, gif).

You could simply link your image there and delete the allready
converted mpg from the cache. Otherwise you have to disable the
cache check in the plugin source and let the image be converted
every time.

Regards.

--
Stefan Huelswitt