[vdr] vdr-1.3.31 - Wrong recording state after playback on cMenuRecordings

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Sun Sep 4 15:08:52 CEST 2005

Udo Richter wrote:
> C.Y.M wrote:
>
>> Yes, I cut *Title, then the cut recording is named *%Title and the "*"
>> never
>> goes away.  I have been using Tom's patch for quite some time.
>

> Here's a walkthrough I just did on my machine:
>
> Starting point: Recording *Test, freshly un-touched recording.
> -> Start playback, set two editing marks, press 2, wait.
> Result: *Test and *%Test in recording menu.
> -> Stop playback.
> Result: Test and *%Test
> -> Start playback of cut recording, seek forward
> Result: Test and *%Test
> -> Stop playback
> Result: Test and %Test
>

> The strange thing is: Cut recordings and un-cut recordings only differ
> by their name. The only situation in which VDR differentiates between
> cut and uncut recordings (IsEdited()) is automatic cleanup on low disk
> space. How should this affect resume file updates?

Maybe it was something else in the past, but I just double checked using only
Tom's patch with vdr-1.3.31 and its now working too.  I must have had something
else wrong at the time.  Sorry for all the confusion.. I'm glad you made me
double check :)  Please disregard my previous wild accusations. :)

Re,