[vdr] Feature request - 1.5x playback with sound

Jarmo Järvenpää jjarven at softers.net
Tue Sep 6 15:19:46 CEST 2005

 > Well I was just watching a DVD with PowerDVD windows player and it has
 > the ability to play back with 1.5x and 2.0x speeds with sound. Without
 > changing the pitch. And that has to be done with software since I have
 > no kind of hardware to do that. I know that mplayer can play with many
 > speeds with sound but the pitch changes also.

I think this would be very nice thing to be done.

Mythtv supports this and it was really nice to 'speedwatch' a program
while it had already recorded some minutes and when one caught the
realtime transmission, it switched to normal speed.

Configurable time-skips with different buttons would be nice thing too :)

Jarmo