[vdr] recordings manager

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Wed Sep 7 10:46:00 CEST 2005

Leo Márquez wrote:
> There is a plugin or menu option in VDR to manage recordings?
> For example I want to store all the same episodes from the same series
> in the same folder.
> It's possible with VDR?

Yes, it's possible with VDR.
I am using reccmds.conf entries to do that.
For example:

move to Comedy:/home/cko/bin/move_to Comedy

and the the script /home/cko/bin/move_to contains:

#!/bin/sh
destination_directory=$1
recording=$2
recording_top=`echo $recording|cut -d/ -f3`

echo Move $recording to $destination_directory

if [ $recording_top == $destination_directory ] ; then
    echo $recording is already in $destination_directory'.'
    exit 1
fi

if [ $recording_top == Action ] ||  \
    [ $recording_top == Comedy ] ||  \
    [ $recording_top == Fantasy ] ||  \
    [ $recording_top == Horror ] ||  \
    [ $recording_top == Kids ] ||  \
    [ $recording_top == Misc ] || \
    [ $recording_top == Music ] || \
    [ $recording_top == Science ] || \
    [ $recording_top == SciFi ] || \
    [ $recording_top == Thriller ] ; then
    source_directory=`echo $recording|cut -d/ -f-4`
else
    source_directory=`echo $recording|cut -d/ -f-3`
fi

echo mv  $source_directory  /video/$destination_directory
date
mv  $source_directory  /video/$destination_directory
touch /video/.update
date