[vdr] Yet another question about Softdevice -- OSD flashing

Stefan Lucke stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Thu Sep 8 09:04:18 CEST 2005

Quoting Norm Dressler <norm at dressler.ca>:

> Hi again,
>
> I thought it was all working great-- on the computer, I fire up vdr, use
> the menus etc., no problem -- everything displays great.
>
> I then redirect the output of the video to the second display in full
> screen, and my audio to my second sound card.  When I try to pull up the
> menu or any OSD, the OSD portion flashes very quickly.  Any
> suggestions?

Whats your DISPLAY variable set to ?
Whats your graphic card ?

Please show us the messages written to stdout/stderr AND those written
to syslog.

I have to say I did no test in a dual head enviroment.

But a flickering OSD is a hint that video is displayed via textures.
Can you try to set OSD drawing method to "software" ?
Either via OSD or by changing vdr's setup.conf line from:
OSDalphablend = 0
OSDalphablend = 1

> Did I miss something?
>
> /data/src/vdr/vdr -P"softdevice -ao alsa:plughw:1,0 -vo xv:full" -Pfemon
> -Pyaepg
>
> I can't catch anything in the output screen to see if it's generating an
> error or not...
>
> Norm

Stefan Lucke