[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] wake on remote

matthieu castet castet.matthieu at free.fr
Sun Sep 11 19:14:22 CEST 2005

Hi,

Darren Merritt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Seems it's possible since kernel 2.6.x but from my reading, a lot of people
> have trouble with it.  I believe the idea is that if you can setup a
> key/combination to operate a suspend from a keyboard, then somehow you would
> hope to map that command to the remote.

For keyboard, mouse, serial port it is trivial via /proc/acpi/wakeup.
But for our case we should have a dvb (pci) card that allow to keep the
remote device active when we shut down the computer and to send a wakeup
even.
So I fear it is card specific and even could need some driver code to
activate this feature.

Regards,

Matthieu