[vdr] DeleteResume patch for vdr 1.3.32.

Emil Naepflein Emil.Naepflein at philosys.de
Mon Sep 12 06:31:02 CEST 2005

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:30:19 +0200, Carsten Koch wrote:

> That obviously depends on how often you spin them up and down.

Yes

> I would assume that a disk which is on for 2 hours a day
> and off for 22 (so it spins up/down once per day)
> lives *a lot* longer than a disk that is on for 24 hours a day.
> What do you think?

The problem is that you really don't know how often in spins up/down per
day. Depending on the parameters it can be 100s of times or never.

I disabled spin up/down and stop the complete server. On average I have
approximately 2-5 complete power cycles a day, depending on the
distribution of recordings. The power down is handled by NVRAM and power
up is done by NVRAM, etherwake or by a telefon call to my fritz box. ;-)

Emil