[vdr] Pb with softdevice and vdr in deamon mode

Dominique Dumont domi.dumont at free.fr
Mon Sep 12 13:37:54 CEST 2005

Martin Wache <M.Wache at gmx.net> writes:

> I think it is not impossible to do it like this, however the
> softdevice would have to be changed accordingly, so if you want to
> do this or find someone who volunteers to do this there should be no
> problem.

That was my original idea. But, after some though (and Stefan's
reluctance), X ressources (which is dedicated to user interaction) and
a daemon (which does its best not to interact with a user) don't
really fit well together.

> If not you could set up a second X server to be used with vdr which is
> started at startup of vdr and use Marko Mäkeläs suspend patch to suspend
> the output while your not watching.

Hmm.. My computer is the only computer at home. We use it for a lot
other application than only vdr. Setting up a dedicated X server will
waste some ressource. I'll try other solutions first.

> Or you use vdr-xine which is probably more what you are looking for.

I may be mistaken, but the doc mentions something like a 1.2s
delay. Is this true also with the OSD ? I mean, do you get this 1.2s
delay when you press a key on your remote ?

Thanks