[vdr] video data stream broken - again - (Privat)

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Mon Sep 12 20:20:35 CEST 2005

Hi,

christian jacobsen wrote:

>> A further change happend in VDR-1.3.31: waiting for the tuner to
>> get locked on the signal before attaching the receiver was removed.
>> Several versions ago, this waiting was introduced to fix the VDSB
>> error. But it was removed now as no driver should need this waiting
>> besides it is buggy.
>
> Driver ist quite new 26.08.2005 so that shpuld be no problem.
> Otherwise if I get trouble again with VDR 1.3.32 I can try the attached
> Versions - with what VDR versions would they work ?

The attached version still contained a bug. Please use the version which
shipped with VDR-1.3.32.

BTW: With VDR-1.3.32 you can reenable waiting for tuner to get locked.

I use a quite old DVB-kernel CVS, dated ~12.03.2005. While I don't see
any TS packets getting dropped, other people do and revert to kernel
2.4.x where they didn't see such TS packet drops. Maybe the driver is an
issue, too.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl