[vdr] status class extensions?

Bernd Juraschek vdr at bjusystems.de
Wed Sep 14 10:52:38 CEST 2005

Hello,

I want to create a plugin which informs other applications about vdr
status changes. This is no problem for start/stop of recording and
replaying. But I want also detect other status changes without "polling"
the vdr structures.

Now my questions/wishes:

- It would be nice to extend the cStatus class with some more events
  (such as adding, removing or changing timers or channels, change of
  the next active timer, disk full warnings, deletion of recordings).

- Plugins can iterate on timer and channel lists. But I think, this
  lists are not thread safe for concurrent iterating and modifying
  by vdr and plugins with own threads.

Klaus - how do you think about this?

Greetings,
Bernd
--
The advertisement is the most truthful part of a newspaper.
                -- Thomas Jefferson