[vdr] [subtitles-plugin] Is it possible to change the PIDS in a recording on the fly?

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at hut.fi
Wed Sep 14 16:30:30 CEST 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 05:15:27PM +0300, Niko Mikkila wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 15:40:41 +0300
> Petri Helin <petri.j.helin at welho.com> wrote:
>
> > I have been trying to modify the subtitles plugin to cope with the
> > dynamic subtitling currently in use in Finland. But with no luck so far.
> > I can record the subtitles if the stream with the right PID is already
> > present when the recording starts, but not if the recording starts too
> > early.
>
> How does this come up in practice? Personally, I have never missed finnish
> subtitles, or at least not for the tens of programs recorded this summer.
> I don't know about subtitle streams for other languages though.

Me neither.  There's a known issue that you cannot select the subtitle
language while watching a recording.  I recorded one short series from
YLE FST that had both Finnish and Swedish subtitles.  When I start
watching the recordings from a random position, I sometimes get Swedish
and sometimes Finnish subtitles.  Both are present in the recording,
perhaps because I have included both languages in the configuration.

	Marko