[vdr] How does VDR handle AFD?

mike lewis lachlanlewis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 08:10:40 CEST 2005

> I think AFD is in use on one channel here in Australia.
>
> I have tried the AFD patches for the dxr3 plugin, but the annoying thing
> is that when I switch from an AFD channel to a non-AFD channel the
> framesize/aspect ratio is not reset.

What channel?  I also thought there was AFD data in at least some of
the ausy channels, but I found a unix test tool dvbsnoop
(http://dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net/) which apprantly can tell me if
there is AFD data in a stream.  I found none in the particular channel
which was giving visual artifacts (10) which convonced me I was
barking up the wrong tree...  I ended up writing a filter to block the
artifacts in xine (still testing.., it's half way working).

Did the dxr3 patches work as expected?  I'd love for AFD to be there..

Mick