[vdr] Updated suspend patch for vdr 1.3.32

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at hut.fi
Thu Sep 15 21:16:53 CEST 2005

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 12:11:44AM +0300, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> Based on some helpful feedback from Klaus, I simplified my suspend patch.

Today, the patch grew by the added virtual method
cStatus::SetSuspend(bool) for notifying plugins.

> The interface to the solid-state relay will be moved to a separate
> plugin.  There are so many ways to control relays from a PC that it
> is best to write plugins for relay interfaces as the need arises.

I am planning to write a plugin for controlling my solid-state
relay in a few days, now that plugins can be efficiently notified
of changes in the playback suspension status.

> The patch introduces three config.h variables, which are 0 by default,
> and exposed in the Setup/Miscellanous panel:
>
> PowerSuspend:
>   1=enable the Power button control the Suspend flag, 0=normal
> Suspend:
>   1=suspend audio and video playback, 0=normal
> SuspendShutdownWait:
>   After playback was suspended by pressing the Power button,
>   wait this many seconds until shutting down vdr.  This
>   feature is disabled if SuspendShutdownWait=0 or PowerSuspend=0
>   or no -s option is given to vdr.

> When compiling, be sure to pass SUSPEND_PATCH=1 to make.

The current version of the patch is available at:
http://www.funet.fi/~msmakela/software/vdr/vdr-1.3.32-suspend-0.4.patch.gz

I do not expect this patch to change any more, except to fix any
merge conflicts with subsequent releases of vdr.

Translation strings for i18n.c and success reports from users of
full-featured cards are appreciated.

	Marko