[vdr] Updated suspend patch for vdr 1.3.32

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Sep 17 02:01:51 CEST 2005

Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> I had to remove the #ifdef SUSPEND_PATCH tests in order to avoid
> breaking binary compatibility with plugins.  (Plugins will not
> inherit $(CFLAGS) or $(DEFINES) from the main vdr Makefile.)

They will inherit them, if you put the DEFINES += lines directly into
Make.config. Its not enough to do the DEFINES part conditionally in the
VDR makefile, as there is no 'global makefile' part in there that would
be executed for plugins. Its also not recommended to give DEFINES+= on
command line, because this will override all other default defines in
the makefile. (though it will be passed to sub-makes)

Cheers,

Udo