[vdr] Re: xxv and autotimers

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Sep 17 11:49:55 CEST 2005

Carsten Koch wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>> The 'summary' field in timers.conf, if present, is used as the
>> 'description' text in info.vdr when a recording is made (and overwrites
>> whatever came from the related EPG data).
>

> I wonder if it would be an improvement of that strategy
> if VDR only took the summary from the timer entry if it
> is not much shorter than the summary from the related EPG data.

I don't think this would be a good idea, since there would
always be cases where somebody would have preferred it the
other way ;-) It's either there or not, and if it's there, it
will be used.

>> Personally I don't use that field in any way, so if we could agree on
>> some
>> delimiting character that separates 'description' from 'comment', as in
>>
>>   ...:Description of what happens#some arbitrary comment
>>
>> where '#' would be that new delimiter. Everything before the delimiter
>> would go into the 'description', and everything after it would simply
>> be stored and otherwise ignored by VDR.
>

> I would not like such a change unless you choose a character that
> is guranteed not to occur in a tvtv.de summary. ;-)

I won't be choosing that character, because I don't need that feature ;-)
The VDR community will have to make a suggestion.

> If you do make that change, please remind me to release a new version
> of epg2timers that converts this character (if found in the tvtv.de
> summary) into something else.

You'll see this in VDR/HISTORY, should it ever happen.

Klaus