[vdr] dxr3 plugin runtime error: Dxr3AudioDecoder::Init(): Assertion `codec' failed

fmzentve at cs.vu.nl fmzentve at cs.vu.nl
Mon Sep 19 20:02:37 CEST 2005

Hi,

When I try to run vdr with dxr3 plugin 0.2.2, I see this error message:

vdr: dxr3audiodecoder.c:36: void cDxr3AudioDecoder::Init(): Assertion `codec'
failed.

In the dxr3audiodecoder.c file this happens:

codec = avcodec_find_decoder(CODEC_ID_MP2);
assert(codec);

the "avcodec_find_decoder(CODEC_ID_MP2)" is from libavcodec and both the
function and the constant are in the avcodec.h file.

I have ffmpeg 3:20050806-0.2 and libavcodec-dev 0.cvs20050313-2 and
libavcodec.so.0.4.9.pre1 and vdr-1.2.6-source installed from debian packages.

Does anyone know why it does not find the codec?

Earlier i encountered a undefined symbel dts_frame (or something alike)
error, I
got rid of it by symlinking libavcodec.so.0.4.9.pre1 to libavcodec.so. It
also
seemed sound related, but I could not figure out any other relations.

It seems my dvb card and dxr3 are working properly since a can use xine to
watch
and listen dvb-s and mpeg files on the tv-out of the dxr3.

Greetings,

Erik Zentveld