[vdr] [bug] vdr-burn-0.0.6h - badly mixed up multiple recordings when requanting

Lucian Muresan lucianm at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Sep 20 02:58:57 CEST 2005

Hi,

I managed to setup vdr-burn-0.0.6h and am actually very pleased of the
comfort it offers compared to manually demux/cut recordings with
ProjectX and then also manually (even with GUI programs) author them on
DVD. However, I'm encountering a strange problem when trying to generate
a DVD consisting of 2 recordings which need requanting: It ends up with
the second movie muxed instead of the first one, so the DVD contains a
menu with 2 different entries and descriptions and movie titles, but the
actual movie is the same. See a dvd.log in which I only left the
relevant stuff at:
http://www.muresan.de/vdr-burn/burn-0.0.6h_dvd.log.1.txt
It seems to me that even the REQUANT step uses the correct paths and
tracks, but right after that, the MPLEX step muxes the tracks from the
.../VDRSYNC.0/ directory into .../VDRSYNC.1/movie.mpg (it should have
taken the tracks also from /VDRSYNC.1/, don't know why 1 before 0, but
anyway, that shouldn't have mattered), and the next MPLEX muxes again
(but this time correctly) the tracks from .../VDRSYNC.0/ into
.../VDRSYNC.0/movie.mpg, so the 2 "movie.mpg" are absolutely identical.

I also made a test DVD structure with very small recordings, so they
didn't need the REQUANT step, the result is as expected, and the log
also looks OK.
http://www.muresan.de/vdr-burn/burn-0.0.6h_dvd.log.2.txt

Anyone seen that before?
Regards,