[vdr] Re: vdr-burn features whishlist & intention, request for comments

Lucian Muresan lucianm at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Sep 22 17:00:57 CEST 2005

Lucian Muresan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This would be my wishlist on which I'm willing to contribute myself, and
> would like to know your opinions, including Ralf's. I would investigate
> myself how to accomplish them (right now I don't know exactly how to do
> them), unless there already are known intentions (or at least know-how)
> by others in these directions:
>
> - making audio tracks one wants to keep in every recording selectable
> (some prefer AC3 tracks, some don't) per recording, and also giving
> proper language ID to the resulting DVD audio track (if availabele from
> the VDR recording.

Forgot this one:
 - appending of recordings one after another, also freely selectable
(sometimes, because of various reasons material that belongs to one
single recording ends up in 2 recordings, like longer movies they
advertise in the EPG as 2 parts where in fact the TV station itself
splits it up with a longer commercial brake, or broadcast even on
different days, or some crash or restart happened during a recording,
and one was lucky it was during ads...)