[vdr] vdr-xine vidixfb "best output"

Tony Houghton h at realh.co.uk
Thu Sep 22 18:47:31 CEST 2005

In <b98c6b1a050922090372d141ac at mail.gmail.com>, mike lewis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a relatively new user to vdr and xine, and i've noticed when
> watching football or scenes with high action that the playpack is not
> smooth.  It'snot a tearing issue, and I can get used toit,but when
> people comeover they have commented on the stuttering.  The videodoes
> not pause, its morelike a shutter is closing and openeing kind of
> thing.
>
> I think its because i'm running PAL, and fidixfb or xine is probably
> outputting 25fps instead of 50.

It could be interlacing. What graphics card have you got? Only certain
Matrox cards can handle interlacing correctly. I haven't managed to get
df_xine or fbxine working properly with mine though. If you've got a
fast CPU (ISTM you need about 1.5GHz or better) try enabling xine's
deinterlace filter.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk