[vdr] Question about Repacker in vdr-1.3.32

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Fri Sep 23 04:58:02 CEST 2005

When I watch the syslog as vdr is running, sometimes I start to see messages
about cAudioRepacker dropping packets over and over.  Eventually this can also
lead to the buffer filling up and a "clearing transfer buffer to avoid
overflows" occurs to prevent VDR from crashing.  Now, this is not at the
beginning of a channel change, as I can see how that would occur up initial
tuning.  cAudioRepacker will just start dropping data after being tuned for a
while.  On a side note, I never see this happen with cVideoRepacker (only the
audio).

So my question is, how does cAudioRepacker and cVideoRepacker affect those users
with only FF cards?  Is cAudioRepacker/cVideoRepacker only useful for fixing
packets sent to softdevices, such as Xine?

Best Regards,