[vdr] Using two video sources - DVB & non-DVB-USB

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Fri Sep 23 11:37:12 CEST 2005

Hi.

I'm using a Hauppauge Nova-T card which only has a single tuner module,
so when I need to simultaneously record channels on different
transponders I can't.

I've just bought a el-cheapo Hauppauge USB-LIVE widget which has an s-
video and RCA connector for video, which I've connected to a VCR which
I'll use as a tuner.  How can I use this under VDR?
1) The audio stream is not integrated into the USB-LIVE, so I'll need to
use the soundcard from the VDR box.  How do I tie in the audio and
video?
2) How should this USB thing be configured under VDR?  It's not a DVB
adapter.  Is there a Handycam plugin or something that I can use?
3) Assuming I can get the adapter working, can recordings be scheduled
via a non DVB adapter under vdr?

What I'd like to do is, on the rare occasion when I need to record
something via the USB-LIVE I'll set the VCR to the right channel and let
VDR schedule the capture.

Has anyone done this?

Any thoughts?

cheers,