[vdr] vdr-1.3.33, .update detection broken if recording dir != /video

Jon Burgess jburgess at uklinux.net
Mon Sep 26 02:30:00 CEST 2005

I just found that the .update detection is broken for me with
vdr-1.3.33. I performed and strace on vdr and it is not using the
correct recording location:

stat("/video/.update", 0x7fffffc1e0d0)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

I place my recordings in /video0 using "-v /video0". It looks like the
problem is the change which adds the assignment of updateFileName into
the constructor of cRecordings:

   cRecordings Recordings;

   cRecordings::cRecordings(bool Deleted)
   :cThread("video directory scanner")
   {
     updateFileName = strdup(AddDirectory(VideoDirectory, ".update"));

It looks like the Recordings object is instantiated before the
VideoDirectory has been parsed from the commandline, hence
updateFileName always points to the default VIDEODIR.

	Jon