[vdr] vdr-1.3.33, .update detection broken if recording dir != /video

Joerg Knitter joerg.knitter at gmx.de
Mon Sep 26 11:03:28 CEST 2005

Jon Burgess wrote:
> I just found that the .update detection is broken for me with
> vdr-1.3.33. I performed and strace on vdr and it is not using the
> correct recording location:
>
> stat("/video/.update", 0x7fffffc1e0d0)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
> directory)
>
> I place my recordings in /video0 using "-v /video0". It looks like the
> problem is the change which adds the assignment of updateFileName into
> the constructor of cRecordings:
>
>   cRecordings Recordings;
>
>   cRecordings::cRecordings(bool Deleted)
>   :cThread("video directory scanner")
>   {
>     updateFileName = strdup(AddDirectory(VideoDirectory, ".update"));

When upgrading from vdr-1.3.24 to vdr-1.3.32 last week I also found some
messages in the syslog like "/video/xyz not found" although I use
/video0. Still had not the time to take a further look, that´s why I did
not report immediately, but I think this is related to your report.

With kind regards

Joerg