[vdr] Softdevice or Xine?

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 26 22:12:57 CEST 2005

I demand that Nicolas Huillard may or may not have written...

[snip]
> DFB must be way lighter than X. In my case, it is nearly 80MB RAM less
> (counting X + Xine - softdevice). CPU utilization depends on hardware
> acceleration, WTR MPEG2. Nothing should impact CPU in DFB per se.

Something else to try: GTK+ (fb port) with gxine. I'd be interested in
knowing how well this works and in any patches for gxine which are needed to
make this work (if it doesn't already).

--
| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @                      Say NO to UK ID cards
|                                                       http://www.no2id.net/

If several things can go wrong, the worst one will.