[vdr] Softdevice error on execution

Stefan Lucke stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Tue Sep 27 21:21:04 CEST 2005

On Dienstag, 27. September 2005 19:51, Norm Dressler wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have done a re-install of Debian testing/unstable -- its a completely
> new install.
> After installing my Nvidia config and alsa config for 2 sound cards,
> etc., and loading all of the libraries needed that I could find in the
> readme's, I'm getting an error when I run VDR:
> vdr: ./PLUGINS/lib/libvdr-softdevice.so.1.3.24: undefined symbol:
> dts_frame

I guess it's an issue with ffmpeg. Perhaps your ffmpeg version is
compiled with dts support and so that lib has to be included in
softdevice Makefile. There are already some hints what to include
upon specific " .. undefined symbol" with ffmpeg. You should
do a quick search in your lib directories for the string dts:
find /usr/local/lib -name '*dts*'
If you get something like libdts.so , you should add

But I don't know the exact name of that lib.

Stefan Lucke