[vdr] Problem with LiveBuffer and vdr-xine

Thomas Bergwinkl Bergwinkl.Thomas at vr-web.de
Sat Apr 1 23:01:30 CEST 2006

Hello,

Reinhard Nissl wrote:

> So, this is a matter of LiveBuffer patch. But I don't understand why it
> was working when switching channels.
>
> Anyway, to fix it properly, the following line in
> cXineDevice::SetPlayMode() most be adapted to LiveBuffer:
>
>        m_settings.SelectReplayPrebufferMode(!Transferring());
>
> For vanilla VDR, Transferring() reports the existence of a transfer
> thread which means, VDR sends Live TV to vdr-xine.
>
> So, how could I detect Live TV in the case of a VDR with LiveBuffer patch?
>
> Is there a way to automatically detect that the LiveBuffer patch was
> applied to VDR?

In config.h LIVEBUFFERVERSION is defined, when livebuffer has been applied:
#define LIVEBUFFERVERSION 106

When the livebuffer is active (replaying) cTransferControl::ReceiverDevice()
returns the receiving device. So you could use this for detecting Live TV.

But I think it would be better to adapt the livebuffer patch so that
cDevice::Transferring() returns also true when a livebuffer recording is
played. (Or does something argue against it?)

Greetings
Thomas