[vdr] MP3/MPlayer pre-release

Stefan Huelswitt s.huelswitt at gmx.de
Sun Apr 2 09:14:16 CEST 2006

On 01 Apr 2006 Ville Skyttä <vskytta at gmail.com> wrote:

> It probably isn't a surprise, but the NPTL problems with the mp3 plugin
> are still present just like before: songs start to play, but while
> they're playing, every remote control button press takes something like
> 10+ seconds before anything happens.
> Anyone have ideas how to fix this?

No, I don't have any idea. And I don't have any NTPL enabled
system running here (yeah, quite outdated systems), so that I
cannot debug it myself.

I guess that the problem is somehow related to inter-thread
communication (mutex or condcvar). Someone would have to insert a
lot of debug output and watch what happens and where it looses
the time.

> The "Eject" string seems to be untranslated, fix attached.

Right, thanks.

Stefan Huelswitt
s.huelswitt at gmx.de  | http://www.muempf.de/