AW: [vdr] OSD with xine and opengl ?

Martin Martin at Air-MaXX.net
Thu Apr 6 01:14:45 CEST 2006

OpenGL is nice, but too slow .. and you need to check fort he right overlay
mode in Xine. Then the OSD works .. with standard settings you won't get
lucky and do not see anything .. I did do this in the past.

Take xv or better xxmc, if you are able to get it working, as it has best
quality with less CPU.

Greetz,
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: vdr-bounces at linuxtv.org [mailto:vdr-bounces at linuxtv.org] Im Auftrag von
Gregoire Favre
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 5. April 2006 11:51
An: VDR Mailing List
Betreff: Re: [vdr] OSD with xine and opengl ?

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 09:29:49AM +0200, Patrick Fischer wrote:

> >is there someting special to do in order to have visible OSD with xine
> >launched with opengl ?

> Just load the xine-ui with
> xine -V opengl ....

Yes, that exactly what I did...

> for me it works now fine.

So you are lucky :-)
for me it only works with "X11 overlay" (all other modes don't shows
anything).

> take a look here:
> http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?postid=447770

I don't see any usefull information at this place ?

But the way,with xshm, xv and xxmc I have OSD, but with opengl and xvmc
I can't ???

Thank,
--
Grégoire FAVRE                http://gregoire.favre.googlepages.com