[vdr] MP3/MPlayer pre-release

Soeren Sonnenburg vdr-ml at nn7.de
Thu Apr 6 07:39:55 CEST 2006

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 20:32:04 +0000, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 05 Apr 2006 Soeren Sonnenburg <vdr-ml at nn7.de> wrote:
>> On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 18:04:24 +0000, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
[...]
>> This suggests that you should use the 'set absolute value feature' and %d
>> and round() the value to be backwards compatible...
>
> OK, I learned that even my mplayer version seems to support "set
> absolute volumen", but haven't tried out that.
> It's more elegant solution anyways.
>
> What I still don't understand is, why the code doesn't works for
> you. Even CVS version should still support inc/dec volumen. And
> stepsize is still 3, too.

Well I don't know, but well it is basically the only thing that is changed
so there might have been a bug in there. Anyway just use the set absolute
volume version and voila done :)

On another issue how is that display status stuff supposed to work ?

Which patches need to be applied and what will it display ?

All the best,
Soeren