[vdr] OSD with xine and opengl ?

Grégoire FAVRE gregoire.favre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 10:56:38 CEST 2006

On 06/04/06, Martin <Martin at air-maxx.net> wrote:

> OpenGL is nice, but too slow .. and you need to check fort he right overlay
> mode in Xine. Then the OSD works .. with standard settings you won't get
> lucky and do not see anything .. I did do this in the past.
>
> Take xv or better xxmc, if you are able to get it working, as it has best
> quality with less CPU.

My GL implementation is quiete good : nvidia one, and I like the transparency I
can have with Xgl/compiz which mean opengl is a must here !!!

Everyone should really try Xgl and compiz :-)

That's the next userinterface ;-)

My biggest problem is that I can't zoom with opengl... and of course the missing
OSD is also a problem.
--
Grégoire FAVRE