[vdr] OSD with xine and opengl ?

Gregoire Favre gregoire.favre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 14:37:24 CEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 12:50:35PM +0200, Martin wrote:

> But you have to zoom most of the times. I use 1024x768 pixles @ 100HZ to
> overcome all the deinterlacing sh... :-)

I don't have any problem... but I am at 1920x1200 on a Dell 24"

> Use "auto" settings on the video settings in Xine and everything is fine.
> Scaling, OSD .. with little CPU load. So why fiddle arround with something,
> that only works half.

Your choice is not mine : of course Xgl and compiz are still in early
stage, but it's really promissing !!!

> I am using Pentium M 1,7GHz with a NVIDIA FX 5200 ..

I have an amd64 3000+ which is more than enough, xine and Xgl together
take less than 25% CPU even when my CPU is at 1Ghz (I use Cool'n'Quiet).

So this long thread for no response at all... ;-)
--
Grégoire FAVRE                http://gregoire.favre.googlepages.com