[vdr] doesn't work :( pls help

Niko Mikkila nm at phnet.fi
Fri Apr 7 03:38:46 CEST 2006

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 03:30:14 -0700 (PDT)
tasos <tas0s at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello people.nice to meet you.I'm trying for 7-8 days
> to make it work but i can't!:(
> I have a skystar1 card which works in xawtv.I want to
> use xine-vdr in order
> to watch tv(via vdr) in my monitor.
> xine reports that there is no plugin to handle
> dvb://....

<snip>

> Apr  6 13:08:01 starla vdr: [1993] switching to
> channel 1
> Apr  6 13:08:01 starla vdr: [1993] info: Channel not
> available!

Maybe you should do something about this first. Have you built
a channels.conf for VDR?

Now it seems that your VDR setup uses the Skystar as its primary
device (for displaying the OSD), so that certainly disables any Xine
output. With a full-featured card like yours, there is actually no need
to use the Xine plugin anyway since you can just point any video player
to the decoded video output of the card (/dev/video*) and get your VDR
UI that way. Have you tried using xawtv while VDR is running?

--Niko