[vdr] MP3/MPlayer pre-release

Niko Mikkila nm at phnet.fi
Fri Apr 7 07:26:52 CEST 2006

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 06:26:49 +0200
Soeren Sonnenburg <vdr-ml at nn7.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 19:51:21 +0000, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> >> The OSD that displays status information (name of the file, length of file
> >> (hours:minutes:seconds), play position)...
> >
> > Do you mean the progress display?
>
> Most likely - yes.
>
> > Can you please elaborate on your problem.
>
> Well it is not there... Basically the OSD is missing in the lower 1/3rd of
> the screen... That is why I am asking what I have to do to activate it (if
> there is any...)

MPlayer only has the progress bar in the center of the screen and
optionally some textual information on the top. You are thinking about
VDR's normal OSD, which is not available with the MPlayer plugin. It
would be possible to add an externally controlled OSD layer to MPlayer
through the bmovl(2) filter, but that would require a lot of new code
to the MPlayer plugin.

--Niko