[vdr] Latency using vdr-xine

CR oauk32v02 at sneakemail.com
Sat Apr 8 13:10:48 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I don't want this to seem ungrateful or overly critical, but I find when I
use vdr-xine (not even network vdr-xine) there is an additional 2-5 second
latency on-top of normal delays before channel changes show up in the
window.  With softedevice, there is almost no delay, channel changes occur
<=1.5 seconds.

I've disabled all vdr-xine buffering (through OSD), hysteresis, etc, but
the delay still persists.

In fact, when I change channels, in the terminal that launched vdr, I can
see "vv" and other messages 2-4 seconds after the log indicates a channel
change.

Any planned fixes or suggestions?

Thank you.
CR.