[vdr] Digit buttons in cMenuEditStrItem work poorly

Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at hut.fi
Sun Apr 9 21:38:06 CEST 2006

The number buttons on my RCU carry auxiliary labels "ABC", "DEF", etc.  These
buttons work somewhat when editing the names of recordings.  I can always get
the first letter of the label, e.g., "a", "d", "g", "j", "m", and so on.
However, when I press the same button again, VDR will usually interpret it
as a "cursor right" event.  Key-repeat events are ignored.

For instance, when I start editing the string "Euronews" by pressing the Right
button in the "Edit timer" menu, it will display as follows:

Right->
 [E]uronews
2->
 [A]uronews
2->
 Au[a]onews

If I keep a longer pause between the two keypresses of the button "2",
the string will change to "Aaronews".

While testing this, I once got the correct behaviour:
[A]uronews -> [B]uronews -> [C]uronews.  Could the code forget to initialize
some variable properly?  Am I the only one who is experiencing this?

In case it matters, I'm using LC_CTYPE=fi_FI.iso-8859-1, and the remote control
unit is driven by the <linux/input.h> driver of cx88-input.c.  The key-press
and key-repeat events are delivered by the vdr-softdevice plugin, which gets
them via the linuxinput driver of DirectFB.  Key-release events are not
delivered.

	Marko