[vdr] VDR-1.3.46 Segmentation fault

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 00:00:02 CEST 2006

I demand that Thomas Günther may or may not have written...

> If I try to set the time transponder the vdr crashes. :-(

> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x401f4cff in strlen () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0x401f4a55 in strdup () from /lib/libc.so.6
> #2  0x080e0b2f in cMenuEditItem::SetValue (this=0xa268768, Value=0x0) at menuitems.c:39

I suggest replacing that line with
  value = Value ? strdup(Value) : NULL;
which _should_ show up other instances without crashing vdr - printf() and
friends will handle it nicely, at least.

|Value| is getting the default value for NoneString, set when calling the
constructor for cMenuEditChanItem in the constructor for cMenuEditTranItem.

[snip]
| + Burn less waste. Use less packaging. Waste less.     USE FEWER RESOURCES.

Mediocre players sink to the level of their opposition.